Questions Regarding Our Board?
If you have questions or are interested in learning more about our board and/or board membership, please contact us.
Arthur Martinez, Workforce Administrator
firstname.lastname@example.org l 505.724.3636
WCCNM Administrative Office
809 Copper Avenue NW l Albuquerque, NM 87102
Board Member Interest Form
Our Board Members
Comprised of approximately 35 members who are appointed by the Central Region’s Chief Elected Officials Board, the WCCNM Board is primarily business-led, with a majority of the members coming from and representing the private sector. Other board members represent labor and community-based organizations, education, workforce partners, economic development organizations and state agencies.
The Board’s Role
Board members apply their knowledge, experience and expertise to (1) build a strong economic environment in the Central Region that supports growing industries, competitive and profitable businesses, skilled and productive workers and thriving communities and (2) promote private sector involvement in the New Mexico Workforce Centers in order to assist employers in meeting their hiring needs.
In addition, Board members are responsible for planning, selecting one-stop operators, program monitoring and oversight, performance measures, choosing service providers and overseeing and approving the annual budget.
Chief Elected Officials (CEO) Board
Workforce Connection of Central New Mexico (WCCNM) Board Officers
Jerry Schalow – Rio Rancho Regional Chamber of Commerce
John Mierzwa – Ingenuity Software Labs, Inc
Beth Barela – Manpower of New Mexico
WCCNM Full Board
The Executive Committee has the authority to act on behalf of WCCNM on issues that cannot be deferred until the next WCCNM meeting and serves as the Board of Finance for WCCNM, acting on all financial matters, including the budget, lease and contracts.
The Performance and Monitoring Committee develops performance standards for each program, monitors program progress and provides oversight to the tracking data collection systems. The committee presents its recommendations to the Executive Committee.
Training/Service Provider Committee
The Training/Service Provider Committee reviews and makes recommendations to the Executive Committee on matters related to WCCNM’s Training/Service Provider Program.
Youth Standing Committee
The Youth Council will review and make recommendations to the Executive Committee on matters related to WCCNM’s youth provider program.
Disability Standing Committee
The Disability Committee will review, advocate, and make recommendations for New Mexican’s with Disabilities to the Executive Committee on matters related to WCCNM’s operations.
Many of our Board events have been postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19. However, please check back frequently for updates.
- 10/18/2021 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 12/20/2021 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 2/21/2022 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 4/18/2022 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 6/20/2022 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 9-23-21 – Training & Service Provider Committee – Agenda
- 8-16-21 – Full Board – Agenda
- 8-11-21 – Performance Monitoring Committee – Agenda
- 8-10-21 – CEO Board – Agenda
- 6-21-21 – Full Board – Agenda
- 5-17-21 – Executive Committee – Agenda
- 4-15-21 – Training Service Provider Committee – Agenda
- 3-10-21 – Performance Monitoring Commitee – Agenda
- 3-9-21 – Youth Committee – Agenda
- 2-22-21 – Full Board – Agenda
- 2-9-21 – CEO Board – Agenda
- 12-7-20 – Disability Committee – Agenda
- 10-19-20 – Full Board – Agenda
- 10-05-20 – Disability Committee – Agenda
- 9-17-20 – Training Service Provider Committee – Agenda
- 9-16-20 – Performance Monitoring Committee – Agenda
- 9-15-20 – Youth Standing Committee – Agenda
- 8-17-20 – Full Board – Agenda
- 7-16-20 – Training Service Provider Committee – Agenda
WIOA 2020-2023 Four Year Plan
As required by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), 679.580(a), the Workforce Connection of Central New Mexico (WCCMM) has developed modifications to the WCCNM Four Year Local Plan to achieve WIOA priorities in New Mexico’s Central Region. A public comment period was conducted from September 15, 2020 through October 15, 2020 and was approved by the WCCNM Board on October 19, 2020. Additional Partner comments were incorporated and submitted to the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions on January 15, 2021, with final approval received on February 19, 2021. View our WCCNM Four Year Local Plan here.
For additional information and / or copies please contact:
Workforce Connection of Central New Mexico
Attention: Lloyd C. Aragon, Workforce Manager
809 Copper Avenue NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Phone number: 505-724-3629