Questions Regarding Our Board?
If you have questions or are interested in learning more about our board and/or board membership, please contact us.
Arthur Martinez, Workforce Administrator
firstname.lastname@example.org l 505.724.3636
WCCNM Administrative Office
809 Copper Avenue NW l Albuquerque, NM 87102
Board Member Interest Form
Our Board Members
Comprised of approximately 35 members who are appointed by the Central Region’s Chief Elected Officials Board, the WCCNM Board is primarily business-led, with a majority of the members coming from and representing the private sector. Other board members represent labor and community-based organizations, education, workforce partners, economic development organizations and state agencies.
The Board’s Role
Board members apply their knowledge, experience and expertise to (1) build a strong economic environment in the Central Region that supports growing industries, competitive and profitable businesses, skilled and productive workers and thriving communities and (2) promote private sector involvement in the New Mexico Workforce Centers in order to assist employers in meeting their hiring needs.
In addition, Board members are responsible for planning, selecting one-stop operators, program monitoring and oversight, performance measures, choosing service providers and overseeing and approving the annual budget.
WCCNM Executive Standing Committee
The WCCNM Executive Standing Committee assists the WCCNM Board in making decisions that will help the WCCNM achieve its vision, mission, annual goals, and initiatives.
WCCNM Operations Standing Committee
The Operations Standing Committee will review and make recommendations to the WCCNM Full Board and or Executive Committee on service delivery, and all workforce partner matters related to WCCNM’s Regional One-Stop services, performance, monitoring activities, training provider approvals, and related activities.
WCCNM Economic Development Standing Committee
The Economic Development Standing Committee will review and make recommendations to the Executive Committee on Regional economic developments and trends related to workforce development. The Economic Development Committee is structured to forge alliances with Central Region economic development organizations, businesses, communities, and training providers, identify workforce needs, develop strategies for county-level planning, bridge skill gaps, and support economic development initiatives.
WCCNM Finance Standing Committee – PENDING INITIATION
The WCCNM Finance Standing Committee shall assist the WCCNM Board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities related to funding, expenses, and procurement consistent with the WCCNM’s fiscal policies, vision, mission, and goals.
WCCNM Youth Standing Committee
The Youth Standing Committee will review and make recommendations to the Executive Committee on matters related to WCCNM’s youth provider program and other youth-related projects and initiatives.
WCCNM Disability Standing Committee
The Disability Committee will review, advocate, and make recommendations for New Mexicans with Disabilities to the Executive Committee/Full Board on the physical and programmatic accessibility of all one-stop centers and related to WCCNM’s operations.
Board Meetings, Minutes and Agendas
- 06/17/2024 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 06/11/2024 @ 2:00pm – Youth Standing Committee
- 05/20/2024 @1:30pm – Executive Committee
- 05/16/2024 @1:00pm – Operations Standing Committee
- 04/15/2024 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 03/21/2024 @1:00pm – Operations Standing Committee
- 03/18/2024 @1:30pm – Executive Committee
- 03/12/2024 @ 2:00pm – Youth Standing Committee
- 02/26/2024 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 01/22/2024 @1:30pm – Executive Committee
- 01/18/2024 @1:00pm – Operations Standing Committee
- 12/18/2023 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 12/12/2023 @ 2:00pm – Youth Standing Committee
- 11/20/2023 @1:30pm – Executive Committee
- 11/16/2023 @1:00pm – Operations Standing Committee
- 10/16/2023 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 9/25/2023 @1:30pm – Executive Committee
- 9/25/2023 @2:30pm – Disability Committee
- 9/21/2023 @1:00pm – Operations Standing Committee
- 9/12/2023 @ 2:00pm – Youth Standing Committee
- 8/21/2023 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting
- 8/15/2023 @ 10am – Chief Elected Officials Meeting – Hybrid
- 8/03/2023 @1:00pm – Operations Standing Committee
- 7/31/2023 @2:30pm – Disability Committee – Zoom
- 7/17/2023 @ 1:00pm – Executive Committee – CANCELLED
- 6/26/2023 @ 1:30pm – Full Board Meeting – Hybrid Meeting
- 6/13/2023 @ 2:00pm – Youth Standing Committee – Zoom Meeting
- 6/5/2023 @ 1:30pm – Executive Committee
- 5/18/2023 @ 1:00pm – Operations Standing Committee Meeting
- 4/17/2023 @ 1:30pm – Hybrid Full Board Meeting
- 3/20/2023 @ 1:30pm – Executive Committee
- 2/27/2023 @ 1:30pm – Hybrid Full Board Meeting
- 2/14/2023 @ 10:00 am – Hybrid Chief Elected Officials Meeting
- 1/16/2023 @ 1:30pm – Executive Committee Meeting
- 1/10/2023 @ 10am – Chief Elected Officials Meeting
- 12/22/2022 @ 10am – Executive Committee meeting
- 9/25/2023 – Executive Committee – Draft Agenda
- 8/21/2023 – Full Board
- 8/15/2023 – CEO Board
- 7/31/2023 – Disability Committee
- 6-26-2023 – Full Board
- 6-13-2023 – Youth Standing Committee
- 6-5-23 – Executive Committee
- 5-18-23 – Operations Standing Committee
- 4-17-23 – Full Board
- 11-30-22 WCCNM Executive Committee
- 08-09-22 – CEO Board
- 6-27-22 – Full Board
- 3-28-22 – Executive Committee
- 2-28-22 – Full Board
- 1-25-22 – CEO Board
- 06-26-2023 Full Board (Draft)
- 06-05-2023 Executive Committee (Approved)
- 04-17-23 Full Board (Approved)
- 02-27-23 Full Board (Approved)
- 02-14-23 CEO Minutes (Approved)
- 12-22-2022 Executive Committee – Minutes (Aproved)
- 10-17-22 Full Board (Approved)
- 08-09-22 CEO Minutes
- 06-27-22 Full Board (Approved)
- 1-25-22 – CEO (Joint Executive Committee)
Our Board Policies are currently undergoing review and being updated. Check back soon for a full, up-to-date list of all our current policies.
Monitoring & Oversight Policies
Board policies have been posted in accessible PDF format to comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. Signed versions of each policy are available upon request. Please contact Tawnya Rowland, Workforce Manager, for more information:
Phone number: 505-724-3658
WIOA 2020-2023 Four Year Plan
As required by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), 679.580(a), the Workforce Connection of Central New Mexico (WCCMM) has developed ‘draft’ modifications to the WCCNM Four Year Local Plan to achieve WIOA priorities in New Mexico’s Central Region.
For additional information and/or copies please contact:
Workforce Connection of Central New Mexico
Attention: Tawnya Rowland, Workforce Manager
809 Copper Avenue NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Phone number: 505-724-3658